Calling is the best way to build a connection, whether it’s a simple ‘how are you” call to the family or a business call to Mexico from the US. However, before you get into the process, you will need to learn how to call Mexico from the US.
In this blog, we will explain the process of dialing from the US to Mexico. You will also learn how the codes work in Mexico and how you can connect with these phone numbers at the lowest rate possible.
To call Mexico from the US, you Need to Consider:
- Where are you calling- to a Mexican Mobile phone or Landline
- The area code of Mexico where you are calling
- The cost of the call
Remember that calling from the US to Mexico can either be too complex or too simple; the process depends on the route you follow. So, here is the detailed guide for you to understand how to call Mexico from the US hassle-free.
→ How to Call Mexico from the US?
Whether you are making a business call or connecting with your family. These steps will help you understand how to call Mexico from the US.
Calling Mexico from the US – “The 6 Step Process”
Here are the six steps that you need to follow when calling Mexico from the United States:
- Dial 011, the Exit Code: Dialing to Mexico from the US begins with using the exit code. Enter 011 into your phone to let your carrier know that you will call outside the US.
- Dial 52, The Country Code of Mexico: Once you have dialed 011, enter the country code of Mexico, 52, into the phone. The carrier will understand that you are dialing to Mexico when you use the country code. You can call any cellular phone or landline using this code.
- Calling Mexico with a Cell Phone: If you are calling a Mexican cell phone, dial 1 after the area code.
- Ignore the Trunk Code: Don’t dial the trunk code, and it is only required when you call one Mexican phone number from another.
- Enter the area Code: After following the above steps, dial the area code followed by the phone number. Keep in mind that in Mexico’s three largest and most popular cities (Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey) the area code is two digits. For the rest of the country, the area code is three digits.
- Dial the Phone Number: Once you have completed the steps above, it is time to enter the phone number beginning with a 2- or 3-digit area code followed by the number you want to dial.
If you follow all above-given steps correctly, it won’t take much time to ring up the phone in Mexico from the US.
*Note: Follow the below-mentioned area code table to call in Mexico.
Before calling Mexico from the US, you need to identify the type of call.
→ How to Make a Landline Call from Mexico to the US?
Here’s how to call Mexico landline from the US. This example will show the exact steps you must follow:
- Dial 011, the Exit code
- Dial 52, the Country Code
- Dial ABC, the area code. For instance, if you are calling Cancun, you will dial 998
- Dial ABC, EFGH, the phone number (123-4567)
→ How do I Make a Call to Mexico Cellphone from the US?
When calling Mexico cell phones from the US, follow the following steps:
- Dial 011, the exit code.
- Dial 52, the Mexican Country code.
- Dial 1, the cell phone code.
- Now, Dial ABC, the area code.
- Now phone number, 123-4567.
→ How to Make Business Calls to Mexico from the US?
When making business calls to Mexico from the US, you need to follow the same process as calling your friends or family. However, business owners should not be relying on the traditional business lines to place a call to Mexico for a business.
That can be a costly affair for your business, and you may end up paying huge bills. You can opt for cost-friendly options like using VoIP solutions to streamline business communication and make it more affordable and quicker. Also, use these tips to make your business calls to Mexico more effective and productive.
Related Read: A Complete Guide to VoIP Solutions
→ Factors to Consider when Calling Mexico from the US.
Whether you are calling first time or ‘nth’ time to Mexico from the US, these tips will help you make most of your business calls.
1. Figure out the Best Time to Call
While Mexico is flexible in timeliness, you must call at appropriate times to not disturb the other person. Send confirmations before calling and be polite and humble to develop a rapport with the person you are calling. Both Mexico and the United States have different time zones.
Mexico has had four main Time Zones since February 2015, and most of the country observed DST or Daylight-Saving Time.
- Zona Sureste (Southeast Zone) covers the state of Quintana Roo and is like Eastern Standard Time.
- Zona Centro (Central Zone) covers the eastern three-fourths of Mexico, including Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Monterrey, and is equivalent to U.S. Central Time.
- Zona Pacífico (Pacific Zone) covers five states, including Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Nayarit, Sinaloa, and Sonora. It is like U.S. Mountain Time.
- Zona Noroeste (Northwest Zone) covers Baja California. U.S. Pacific Time is like this time zone.
2. The Area Code of the Place You are Calling in Mexico
People of Mexico use a wide range of area codes based on the country they reside in. Here’s the table having area codes along with the location – take a look!
Finally, here is the exact format that you will dial when calling from the United States to Mexico.
Now, let’s suppose your business partner is living in Zacatecas, and you want to speak with them from the United States; here’s what you will dial:
Can you tell which area code is used in this number?
3. Cost of the Call to Mexico from the US
Calling Mexico from the United States is easy – all you need to do is follow the steps above and dial it properly to reach the other person. One thing that genuinely can be a matter of concern for the people calling from the US to Mexico is the call cost. Generally, it is an expensive deal and can cost you a lot of money.
4. Call Scheduling
It is imperative to understand the different time zones of both countries – Mexico and the United States. It ensures that both of you are placing a call at a good time that suits both parties. Also, you don’t want to turn it into an annoying call for the other person living in Mexico. So, you can either send them a message or an email to let them know the exact time to schedule the call.
→ How Much Does it Cost to Call Mexico from the US?
The base rate to call someone in Mexico is around $3.65. Considering that base rate, you can calculate how much you need to pay for the hours you are talking to someone in Mexico. Generally, it is an expensive deal calling Mexico from the US.
But now, you don’t have to worry about the higher call costs, as we will help you minimize the international call costs as much as we can.
→ How can you Reduce Calling Costs to Mexico from the US Regularly?
Call rates when dialing Mexico from the US can be high! But you can easily avoid these high call costs by using a VoIP Phone system.
By switching from a traditional phone to a business VoIP solution like Telecloud can offer low international rates with added features and high call quality. This makes it affordable for businesses who need to make regular calls to Mexico from the US. Additionally, the VoIP solution from providers like Telecloud will boost call speed by avoiding latency and jitters.
With VoIP calling, you can also take benefits of features like:
- HD Voice Quality
- Lower Costs
- Advanced Calling Features
- Supports Multitasking
- Flexible, Scalable, Accessible
- Voice Recording
Related Read: 9 Core Benefits of VoIP for your Business
TeleCloud is the Solution!
Want to give your business a seamless communication system to place calls from one country to another? Is international calling a regular thing in your business? If yes, it is time to switch from the traditional calling system to a VoIP phone system that can help you cut down high calling costs, where most of your money is currently going.
TeleCloud is your reliable VoIP partner that highly secures your business with competitive international communication at the best price possible.
Our consultants help you install, use, and understand the VoIP system and how other calling features work so that you can communicate with people in other countries without any hassle.
Without VoIP, you could end up paying three times as much for all the international calls. When you switch to TeleCloud, you can enjoy convenient, high-quality, and affordable calls from anywhere in the world.
Are you willing to reduce the call cost when calling from the United States to Mexico? TeleCloud can help you get the premium VoIP system and other communication solutions at the least price possible. Forget about expensive and complex calling solutions. Switch to a VoIP phone system for a simplified, cost-effective, and hassle-free international call.